Friday, April 30, 2010

real books vs kindle/IPad

Internet is slowly replacing so many things in our real life. Reading seems to be one of them. Last month, I was in the US and while talking to people about our online lending library, they looked very surprised and said you guys still go to a library to get books? (I think it was mostly from the less exposed ones to India). A lot of them read newspapers to paper backs to self help online. If that doesnt work, then they get to the Kindle. This year apparently it is the most popular mother's day gift being sold. Of course I Pad was launched on the first of this month......... a glorified laptop with less functions.
I am not being a retrograde here, all I am saying is reading online or on kindle or I Pad does not come anywhere near the same feel and enjoyment as reading a real book. The pleasure one derives while holding a brand new crisp book,the smell of the paper, a hot cuppa and a comfortable sofa is something I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment